Thread: Stash Question
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 04:05 AM
scrappingfaye58

I am a very scrappy quilter. I have several generous friends who gift me their scraps (and sometimes, what they see as scraps are considerably large pieces).
When I first started quilting, I had a decent income, so anytime fabric was on sale, or "I " jumped out at me, I bought a yard (or 2 or 3) -- this is not a great idea! I am now finding that even though I have a modest stash (I have an 8 cubby bookcase that is filled, plus TONS of scraps) if I am hunting a particular shade of (blue perhaps) I cannot find it. What I have learned, is that each "season" the shades of colors change. (Consider the paint color of the year last year... everything was some shade of grey! How can there be that many shades of grey????)
When I store my stash, I do as others have mentioned. If it is a large piece, I leave it as is. When I am in a mood to cut, I cut the largest piece I can get out of the scrap. I use 10" squares, 6" , 5", 2.5" squares. I cut 1.5", 2.5" and 3" strips. The rest goes into a basket to do "mile a minute" patches.

I hope this helps! BTW... This is the place to ask questions, so !! This group is !!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-04-2020 at 05:13 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps