View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:40 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by petthefabric
Totally agree.
Starting point for me is donating. I can see this progress and it motivates me to keep going. We stayed at a house that was a hoarders dream. Things might be very valuable but when they put current activity in jeaporady, they're just a nuicance.
Exactly. The more I get rid of, the easier it seems to be to find things that are in my way and also need to go. My biggest sticking points are still books and things that others have given me (sentimental attachments). However, the more organized I get my spaces, the more creative I feel and it is amazing how much easier it is to tidy up the craftermath of a day spent in the studio.

Today I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of a new Arrow Suzi storage unit. I have one already sitting next to my PC420. It holds stuff that belongs with the PC420 along with my fat quarters. The new one will sit next to my PQ1500s and one drawer will hold all the stuff that goes with that machine, including the felting attachment which now resides on the other side of the room in a hard to access location. I haven't decided which of the myriad other things that need a home will go in the other drawers, but there is plenty of stuff floating around in the studio to fill them . I also may spend a few minutes getting the lights off the Christmas tree if the Suzi unit doesn't show up first.

Rob