View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:12 AM
june6995

Watch your newspapers! After our thread about yard sales, I decided to check my daily news. Lo and behold there was an Estate Sale...all sorts of sewing stuff. so I got myself over there.
I drove into a new area for me, and found the address with the aid of MapQuest. Oh My Goodness! What woman had saved everything she ever bought. I kid you not, she had a basement full. Her kids had used all kinds of table, shelves, dressers, boxes...you name it and it was loaded. I said to myself "I sure hope I don't leave this kind of mess for my kids to get rid of." I had hoped to get some zippers, but I was too late. The whole box sold for $5. I found a half dozen buckles for a friend, for $1. She makes quilted purses. I helped lighten their load. What a mess!!

Ok, the sign said "one bag of fabric $3." Well, since I am greedy, and hearing they were giving all that was left to a Thrift store, I decided I would get my share. I dug through the bags they offered and found one that looked a tad bigger than the others. I neatly foleded and rolled all that I selected, and crammed the bag FULL! I had about 15 different fabrics, some with several yards. But, I do know, I got a good buy for $3.

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ESTATE SALES. This was the best I have been to in a long time. Believe me, I will be going to MORE!!!!

What is the old saying "She who dies with the most fabric, WINS!!"
I don't intend to win...I just intend to make more quilts.

HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL OF YOU.

June