Thread: Another scam?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 11:52 AM
Lady Diana

Recently, I called back a scammer who has been harassing my 97 year old Mom, his number was registered to a woman. I asked for her.....the guy tried to disguise is voice and answered in a high pitched tone....you need to pay this bill, so I need your credit card. I said you are a fraud and a criminal. I told him the number he called was my number at the County, where I work in the Sheriff's office. They will be contacting you on Monday. He said, what is your badge number? I said 911. He had my name...also. the only account my name is on is my Mom's Bank of America accounts. Once again, I told him he would be hearing from the authorities. He said, I know where you live and I am going to ! I said what? I said I'm going to .
So I reported him and his phone number to the police department. The detective that called me said that they were using the phone number that he answered that day to speak to him....and they were sure we would not be bothered by him anymore.
So far, so good.....BTW I called Bank of America and gave them a piece of my mind. They said they don't use third party vendors to call about accounts or services. I told them the only way this guy would have know my name was from their information and I was holding them responsible for further harassment and threats. . was calling my Mom every day. They are the Scum of the earth.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-08-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps