View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 05:17 AM
tallchick

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I once visited someone's house that was spotless. I asked what her philosophy was on cleaning. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
So if you don't have a designated place for an item, it needs to find the Goodwill bag.
While I wouldn’t say my house is spotless, I do subscribe to the “there is a place for everything and everything has its place”. I clean up my sewing room at the end of each session, I make my bed every day and I wash dishes after my meal, and cleaning comes before sewing on any given day. I will clean a bathroom before starting to sew, or run the sweeper, put in a load of laundry etc. I find that doing at least one small task every day helps with keeping things tidy, and avoids those all day cleaning sessions. I do however do a major deep clean 3-4 times a year, and I always keep a laundry basket or box to put unwanted items in, once it’s full, it goes out the door and a new box is in it’s place. I like a clean home that is warm and inviting, but I would pass on a sterile cold home.