View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 06:54 AM
dilyn

Default Chasing Rainbows

The wind would not cooperate with my photo session so I brought it inside and put it on a bed. I made this quilt top 2 years ago. It started out to be a pineapple block quilt, but when the blocks were all done and I put them all together, it was ! The many colors did not play well together and looking at them made me dizzy! They definitely needed some space between them. I still have some others and I think they would make into some nice pillow shams. The central medallion is just a very large Dresden plate with a little added detail on the outer edge to make it into a ‘Dresden flower’. I had a lot of that diagonal border piecing left over and decided to use it for the binding…. Bad idea! Too much bulk in the seams. I do my binding entirely by machine because my hand stitching is not the best and I knew with all this white it was going to be washed a lot! Lesson learned Speaking of that, I washed it when it was finished because it was really dirty from being handled so much and then stored in a closet for 2 years. I was very surprised that the colors did not run at all! I used a color catcher, of course, but they did not show any staining. I bought them all from Connecting Threads.
Attached Thumbnails img_1124.jpg   img_1125.jpg   img_1126.jpg   img_1127.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-10-2020 at 09:17 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps