View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 03:45 PM
Bags

Myself, I'd try any cuisine under the sun! There's so much to be enjoyed...I only cook a few myself, but we live in a very metropolitan city, and can seek out many things, which is nice! I have a few recipes from my Hungarian grandmother I have begun to bring back out and try for myself. I can see that, like cooking, these things take some work and practice, heh. Thank you so much for sharing your interests - I can see any dinner guests at your house would be *very* lucky indeed! Fresh ingredients made with care is the best food ever.
Chesirepat Haha! We're like you! We love food, of any kind. Especially ethnic, comfort food. At our house we call it "misery food". We eat so much of it, we're miserable at the end of the meal! We don't call ours "leftovers". We call them "encores"!

The one reason we're glad we don't live in or near a city, we couldn't afford all the foods we'd love to try! That's why we try them at home. (Did I mention when we travel it's by food? Restaurants, ethnic grocery stores, etc. We're weird, but we have fun. We're supposedly not allowed to go to kitchen stores or places like that without a chaperone. Luckily for us, the closest chaperone, one of our kids, is 1500 miles away! But they all love to cook as much as we do.)

Try your grandmother's recipes and tell us how they were!

We need to try Hungarian food. I'm not as familiar with it as other cuisines. Do you recommend us trying something first?

Yep, just like everything else, practice. Luckily, we both love to try things. If it doesn't work the first time, we try, try again. We have basic things in the pantry and freezer, so that helps a lot. We don't have to go the store for every meal.

Thank you for the kind comment. We love to cook for friends. Since we make as much as we can from scratch, we can customize any dietary restrictions that they may have, so that they don't have to worry about the menu.

When will you be this way? Let us know and we'll play in the kitchen!

Carol

Last edited by Bags; 02-10-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: another thought