View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 PM
Iceblossom

We tried it as a breading and it was fantastic. Hubby got some catfish nuggets, made an egg wash, seasoned the fish and then dipped them in the lupine and pan fried.

The texture was great, we were afraid it would be really hard but nope. We were afraid it would fall off the fish, nope. It had a nice normal slightly crunchy (like part cornbread) texture and no particular flavor of it's own.

Just remember in a few years when it's all over the food world, I'm telling you now. This stuff is great for the low carb/keto and the gluten free alike along with high protein for the vegan!

Edit: We've been eating the basic package direction a couple times a week with a lot of different variety. We've had it plain on the side just as a side dish. I made "keto stuffing" with breakfast sausage, extra herbs, celery and onion along with the Lupin. Would have been nice I think to add some sliced almonds in there. We've had it as a base with stuff on top. With another package of ground pork I used ginger, garlic, oyster sauce and hoison along with cabbage, onions, and celery for a pretty good mu shu version (I prefer the peking pancakes and I really miss rice, but the Lupin was ok). It definitely would have been better with some bean sprouts and fresh green onions for garnish but there is always next time.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 02-10-2020 at 07:49 PM.