View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 AM
rryder

I bought a new batch of comic book boards and made a template of the correct size to hold 1-2.5 yard cuts in my plastic drawer units. Then I cut them down to the correct size and began redoing my yardage drawers. By making a template first I was able to cut them the right height so they fit in the drawers without being too tall when the larger pieces are wrapped around them. Some of my yardage was wrapped around old boards that I’d originally cut shorter to accommodate the bulk of larger cuts of fabric. As the larger cuts of fabric got used, the boards got repurposed for anything smaller than 3 yards. But that meant that the fabric was wrapped more times around them than if they were taller. By cutting the new boards so they are taller for these smaller lengths of fabric, they are less bulky when wrapped and stood on their long edges in my drawers. Less bulky and reaching to the top of the drawers means I can fit all my fabric in without having to double stack which was getting to be a pain.

I got two drawers redone yesterday and the fabric fits much better without being so tightly jammed in that it’s hard to get out. Today I’m going to tackle my drawer that has white black and other neutrals and maybe the drawers that hold less than one yard cuts. Those got way out of control last year when I got behind on dealing with my larger than a Fat quarter, but smaller than a yard scraps. I’ll post some pics when I get done.

If I get really ambitious, I may try to clear up the mess cluttering up my jeweler’s bench.

what are y’all working on today?

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 02-11-2020 at 06:52 AM.