View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:45 AM
LynnBBQ

My most-used machine for piecing is a Bernina 1030 from about 25 years ago. At the time it was their top-of-the-line non-computerized machine. I think I paid $1500 for it... the most I had spent on anything besides a car. It has gone for repairs only twice. I also use a Tiara 2 sit-down machine for quilting... it was considerably more than $1500.

I use the Janome Gem inherited from my Mother In Law if I travel. I also have two Singer 301's... I want to start using those more. And I have a Dressmaker but it is so darn heavy I have only played with it a couple of times but it looks super-cute! And I gave my Mom a cheap Brother machine that I bought as a backup when the Bernina went for repairs.

I see all of the $5000 to $15,000 machines that have a frazillion stitches and embroidery modules and on some level I want one just to play with. But I know I would never use it for much, and would be toting out my Bernina after a couple of months. I can't justify paying that kind of money for a whim....