Thread: Another scam?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 09:38 AM
Needles

ptquilts, that was really quick thinking. We get the warranty calls, I always hit one and when the guy answers, I tell him I want the extended warranty on our 57 Cheverolet. That takes care of those calls for a year or so. I have answered calls, Sheriff's Dept, how can I direct your call, or sometimes, Fraud Division, how may I help you. One woman had my name and said I could get in trouble for misrepresenting myself. I told her, I didn't do the scam calling. She said this is not a scam, so I asked her who she was and what she wanted. She told me and I said, well, I am going to report you for calling a number that's been on the do not call list since it came OUT. She slammed down the receiver.

I also got the 'grandma' scam call twice. This one hit close to home since a friend fell for it, to the tune of $4,000. I took them to the end and when they told me their child died, I told them that was sad but maybe a good thing since they were going to prison for trying to scam elderly people. So you won't be around to even raise that child.Your momma must be so proud of you, I'm sure she raised you MUCH better than that. Both were met with silence at the end, then a bit before dial tone. I want to think I made them rethink what they were doing. Maybe not. I have no grands but my friend had many and just happened to give her a correct name. :-(