View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Iceblossom

Early last year I think it was I did my first quilt with fleece backing. It is a "big brother" quilt, bigger than a crib and smaller than a twin, but mostly it is the width of fleece. It's meant to be dragged around and taken to the park and be sat on and hard use. To keep with the nautical theme I did basic shells, maybe about 6" diameter.

I found it easy to work with. I used no batting (those matching twin quilts with the minkee backs had a light batting). If I was to do it again, I'd put in some sort of interlayer, a thin batting or at least a width of flannel or something, but you don't have to depending on needs and climate.

One thing to keep in mind, some fleece are going to show through a light top without any batting.

edit: That picture actually shows where I had to piece in a bit of Seahawk-non-fleece along the bottom because the tolerances were close and by the time I quilted down to the botton I found I had set the layers together badly and I had a tiny little sliver maybe .5" x 3" that I had to fill in. The binding was the same Seahawk print and the patch not noticeable at all.
Attached Thumbnails sailboat.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 02-13-2020 at 10:47 AM.