Old 02-14-2020, 08:02 AM
Railroadersbrat

A very warm and heartfelt Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and as always, thank you Raggiemom for hosting.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to do this weekend, I would love to just sit up at my sewing machine and work on my hexagon quilt all through the weekend, I ended up starting the quilt again using 1.25 inch hexies instead of 1 inch, so I'm again at the beginning stages of it. The original 1 inch hexie quilt had some problems and after discussing it with my aunt who also quilts, she recommended starting over with larger hexies and better black fabric. At some point, I'll de-construct the original quilt and I'll hand piece that one. I'm determined to have a quilt with this design, I absolutely love the Grandmother's Flower Garden design.

I also have my nine-patch quilt that I finished in December to tie. If I can get the fiance on board with me, I may just finally pin baste that one and get to tying.

I suffer from near daily chronic migraines and the beginning of this year has not been kind to me, this week alone I've had four already and I'm in my recovery stage. At least, I hope. Fiance loaded me down last night with a year's worth of teas (Earl Grey, peppermint with raspberry, chamomile with mango, white tea with lemon, green tea with blackberry, a ton of chai tea, just to name a few) as part of my Valentine's Day, something he's done every Valentine's Day for the last eight years. I've got my teas to settle my stomach, now it's just to get the rampant weakness and lethargy to leave me alone so I can quilt, lol.

Attached Thumbnails img_20200214_091836.jpg