View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 04:32 AM
Iceblossom

Actually came out with very little fabric to report! I did get those 2 small bags I had my eyes on, turned out the fabrics I wanted were flannel... I was suspicious all along about one of them but was surprised on the other. Oh well, into the donate pile they go. So I think I did pick up 3-4 pieces of yardage each for under $2, plus a little bag of fancy fabrics I'll be using for my banner.

I did pick up a bunch of stuff for costuming/game day. Dragon team colors are basically dark primary green and safety orange, I didn't find a bright orange beach towel but I indeed find a safety orange sturdy fleece lap blanket for under $5! A big full roll of Costco sparkling green trim (I have a piece sewn to some white fabric in the wash now to see what happens when washed) for $2. We got to the Goodwill within 30 minutes of opening but someone had gotten the best skirt (and the jacket) before I got there, is ok, I got the backup skirt at that store and found a better one by the end of the day. Still not as good as the first one but high quality (never worn, lined, it's beautiful), fits perfectly and again, under $5. These sale days are amazing, people basically go through the racks and buy everything that is on tag special, carts and carts full of stuff and me with my handfuls of odd items!

It was hubby's bowling league night and I went with him and to visit the Value Village where I got a couple of really good scores. Some sort of cloth Ikea storage system (for toys? diapers??) that looks like a dragon! It has a head I can use on the banner/blanket, and a tail I can possibly use for myself! Everything was half off so that was just $1.50. There were about 50+ people in the stadium in these big dinosaur onesies... and there at VV was a huge adult green onesie! it's not a dragon yet and I don't know if the Hubby would wear it, but again, at $4 full price ($2 sale), in the cart it went. Along with a set of (obviously never worn) silk pajamas his size for the sale price of $4. Last time he visited his mama, she said even as her son at his age it wasn't appropriate for him to be running around in his underwear and T-shirt, so next time he will be properly attired!