View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 08:56 AM
Iceblossom

Because I'm self-taught, I didn't know about starch for decades. I've tried it, I've examined the fabric of my friends who use starch, and they've examined my fabric. Most people are surprised to find that my fabric is prewashed and only ironed with no starch. Maybe I hate the ironing part because I'm so picky, but my fabric is crisp at the end of the process.

I don't like the smell or feel of any of the commercial products, some of my friends home concoctions are ok. Mostly vodka and water?? I just use water...

I typically have a short turn around between cutting and piecing and I keep my pieces very organized and flat while cutting and piecing, I use all sorts of things to organize them (plastic bags, plastic bins, safety pins, clothes pins) starting out with a project box. Everything gets put in the box and kept in the box! Recently I got some clips from the dollar store that I just love! They are rather large, heavy and bulky but they don't put lines in my fabric and hold 2 pieces as easily as 20+. 6 to a pack, highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5586.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 02-21-2020 at 09:01 AM.