View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 05:31 PM
dr0wsydruid

Default Hello from Washington state!

Hey all!
I'm Aesther--people call me Aes, some call me Bixby, so feel free to do as you please with that. Im 26, married to a lovely man, have a small feind for a cat, and have always loved crafting.

My father taught me how to knit when I was 7 or so, and I've recently been dabbling with the idea of crochet and needlepoint works. I've finally dipped back into the world of sewing this past weekend, with a mystery machine buy at a goodwill near me--and that need to know more about it is what brought me here! I posted last night, but the mod deleted it because of a link to an imgur gallery with all the machine images--so I've reposted, and am hoping for the best.

Hand-sewing is something I picked up naturally in my teens, and with my aunt Pam being a seamstress, I was at it for quite a few years until life got in the way. My husband hand-sewed stuffed toys for a while when he was young, and is just as enthused as I to get back into it.

Currently, I'm in bed, watching the sky get slowly darker as I decide whether or not to start my day with food, or a shower. My cat (Nyx, after the greek personification of night, what with being nearly pure black,) is lying on my feet, and my husbands alarm is just now going off.

Ah, a graveyard shift family.

I hope you're all doing well, I look forward to connecting and creating with people here!