Old 02-21-2020, 07:23 PM
mrs.anna.h

Originally Posted by Sammie! View Post
Hi Guinnivire,
You have just bought one of my Favorite machines. I have had at least 3 of the Standards. I am now the proud owner of a "slim" model in perfect condition, inside and out. What I love about these machines is the chain-stitch capabilities and the very well made accessories among many other things. Now as for the needles, don't worry, they take regular household sewing machine needles that you can get at Joann's! Id love to set up a web page just for this machine, but if you have access to this blog you should be able to find an awful lot of information right here. These machines came with a variety of tensions and therefore a variety od ways to thread them up. Do a search on "Standard sewing machine" or "Standard Rotary machine" and see what pops up. If you run into trouble please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help you. I do have a manual I will share, but I'm just not sure how to get it to you. It is in PDF form and it is a conglomeration of several manuals that I put together and pretty well encompasses the different varieties out there. Sammie
Hello member(s) of this old thread! I am cleaning up my great grandmother's Rotary "Economy" (stout) and was highly amused by the introduction to the manual posted further down thread than this. Apparently I own the greatest machine ever made?! I would love if I could do chain stitch on I don't think the spider is in the attachments box so I'm probably out of luck there.
The big question on my mind is: can I get more bobbins somewhere? The attachments and machine all seem ok, other than a good bit of grease and lint balls on the workings, but the bobbin... it is rusted and pitted and just not what a bobbin should be. There's a reason I love Singers. You usually know what you're getting into with the bobbins.

Hopeful,
Anna H.