Old 02-22-2020, 12:14 PM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by CaroleLee View Post
I would like to know if anyone has a Bernina 570 QE machine and how do you like it. Thank you
I have the new 570 Bernina.....for some reason, Bernina uses old model numbers on their new machines at times....so my 570 has the 9.0 mm feed dogs and the old model 570 as 5.5 mm feed dogs and the new larger bobbin system....I do like....but it has enough bells and whistles that you really do need to take the get to know your machine classes. I did have a bit of trouble with mine out of the box....finally the tech figured out that it was slightly out of time....it has been working since it got fixed. I really haven't done much with it other than piecing and applying binding....It take a bit for me to get used to the wider feed dogs as I always had previously used only 5.5 mm feet. I don't like the 97 foot which is the piecing foot because your fabric is only on the left feed dog and in my opinion, it does not feed the fabric straight and triangle units are difficult....I since has gotten the straight stitch plate and just use the 1D foot which is the one for the drop down dual feed foot....that works much better for me.....some say they like the 97 foot....but not me....I do like the neck space although it is not as big as the 770 but I have a long arm so I would only be doing a bit of quilting on smaller things like table runners..