View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 06:51 PM
OurWorkbench

As Leon mentioned, this is a little newer than what most deal with here in the vintage section. However, it appears that it is about 36 years old. I downloaded the manual from https://www.singer.com/support and found that it has some similarity to the Touch & Sew series machines. It looks to be a slant shank, with wind in place bobbin, and even a chain stitch capability with additional accessories.

My first thought, as to why the needle wouldn't move with motor, but would with hand wheel, was that it was set for bobbin winding. After looking at the manual, it is a wind in place bobbin, I think it is possible that the winding mechanism is not working correctly. It appears that it may have a "board" that if nothing is lit up that it could have a bad board. Just some thoughts, as I don't have any direct experience with this machine.

I'm a manual reader. I have been known to read the manual, several times before even touching a machine. Of course, there are times when I only check the manual if something isn't working the way I think it should going on the theory -- "When all else fails, read the manual."

Good luck. It looks like it has some nice stitches that would be fun to play with.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)