Old 02-25-2020, 04:01 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
What sort of tension? Do you know the numbers or maybe you don't use a gauge.... I'd be interested in knowing, thanks.
I only use a towa for the bobbin and even then I rarely use it, I go by feel and by the drop test. For top no gauge and there are no numbers on my LA tension dial. I just test until it looks good and run with it. If I get breakage I try loosening the top a bit more but not so much that I can see my bobbin thread flat lining on the back. I usually keep my movement slow and steady but I do that mostly for precision because I am ditching so I have to go slow. Going slow may also contribute to no breakage.
On my Bernina, I don't pay attention to what number it is on. There is a line on my tension dial that is the recommended tension for regular sewing I usually have it set just below that line (I think the line is at 3??). Again, if I experience breakage I tweak it a bit. But I have only run monofilament on my domestic when using feed dogs and walking foot, never tried FMQ on my domestic with monofilament.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 02-25-2020 at 04:04 PM.