View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Lockeb

Well, I must say that the March row was just as much fun as January and February...I just completed mine - here's a couple of photos.....I also want to share with you something that I decided to do...

This month's directions don't say anything about adding the shamrock row to the other rows but I've decided to keep adding them as per January and February - with a 1" strip....

HINT: I found out that it is best to press your seems for the 1" strips towards the 1" strip - if you do the other way I find that it gives a puckering in the 1" strip - for me anyways....

For the stem of the shamrock, I decided to paper piece this one.....I just simly made a 2 1/2" square.....draw a line diagonally from one corder to the other and then draw another line a little less than 1/4 on each side of this one - use these lines for your sewing lines - works like a charm..and makes up so quickly - certainly faster than applique.

I also added a 1" strip to the top of my snowflakes to finish that off..and I went ahead and added a 1" strip to the bottom of my shamrocks so now I'm all ready for the Aril row...

Looking forward to hearing how you are all doing!

Hugs,

Bill
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23794.jpe   attachment-24775.jpe