View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 05:32 AM
nanna-up-north

Default The last of the vintage quilt tops found

I posted last week about a cousin handing me a bunch of quilt tops that she'd discovered under the guest room bed of her mom's house. She didn't know they existed and none of the family quilts. She gave them to me to do with what I choose. I'll quilt them and give them back. They are her family heirlooms and they should have them.

Anyway, the tops were put in the back of our covered truck to travel back home. I didn't know how many there were and I didn't know what they were. I posted 6 of the tops earlier this week. But, I missed one top. I discovered it the next day when I unloaded everything but it's been a busy week and I didn't get a picture until now.

There is a pale green sashing and pale pink cornerstones. And, there are a couple of stains, too. I hope those come out when I get it quilted and washed. This one seems to need a border. At least that's what I think. But, I'm afraid I won't be able to come up with something that won't look out of place. This fabric is old and loosely woven. The lady died in 1962. I do have some muslin and some feed sack material. Maybe one of those might work. I'd really like your opinion about whether to add a border or not.

Any information about how old this quilt top might be would be helpful, too.
Attached Thumbnails 0000lel-19.jpg   0000lel-20.jpg