View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 05:45 AM
nanna-up-north

Thank you all so much for your comments. I've made a note of the names of blocks that I didn't know and I really appreciate the comments about hand quilting vs machine quilting.

I agree, hand quilting would have been the method to finish these up but I am very slow at it and I want to get them finished for the family. I think I can do them justice on my LA without making them seem too over the top. At a quilt show I attended a couple of years ago, there was a display of vintage quilts given to some machine quilters. The same top was quilted by 2 or 3 different machine quilters and they were beautiful. So, these will be machine quilted by me on my LA to get them finished and back to the rightful owners. Like Iceblossom said, finished is better than unfinished.

I've been given batting to do these from a dear friend. She was donated several quilt batts to be used for a good cause. She decided I was the good cause. Thank you so much, Burns2U. I have feed sack material that I'll use for the backing for as many quilt tops as I can. I have a lot but maybe not enough for all the tops.

I've posted one last top that I didn't gather up when I got the stack that I posted here. It's a butterfly block quilt. Go check that one out, too. I have a total of 7 tops to do. I won't get them done fast. But, I'll post them as I get them done. I go north for the summer and my LA is down here at the winter house so I won't get many done this spring. I'll pick them up again in the fall when I return. But, I'll keep posting.

Thanks again, all. I truly value your opinions.