Thread: Throwbeds
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 06:31 AM
tropit

Default Throwbeds

I came across, "throwbeds," today in my search for living room design ideas. I have a long, old, leather couch that was originally my Mom's and it has some well worn cushions. That's probably due to my 3 big dogs that love to lounge on it. It's futile to try to keep them off of the couch. Besides, I love to cuddle with them in the evening.

I've looked into sewing up new, leather cushions (which I still might do,) but the cost for the leather is expensive. I think that, "throwbeds," might work instead. A throwbed is made of a linen, cotton, or light canvas shell with kapok filling. They are super soft and comfy and have a rustic look to them. People use them on beds, cots, take them outside for sleeping on the lawn, etc. They can be also be made to custom fit a couch seat. (They look kind of like dog beds anyway, so perfect for me.) I have a rustic cabin and I think it might look cool. Plus, I can make a quilted cover for it and then throw it in the wash every week to keep it clean.

Has anyone else ever tried to make something like this? Tips? Suggestions?

Here's a website that shows different kinds of throwbeds: https://www.remodelista.com/posts/be...beds-bedrolls/

~ C

Last edited by tropit; 02-29-2020 at 06:38 AM.