View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Cheshirepat

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Ha ha ha! I see your point.

Cheshirepat, could you explain what you mean by fashion not being literal?
Couple things, maybe I didn't state it very well (likely)... Fashion -especially the runway- in my thoughts/opinion is often about a 'mood' or a statement, an abstract concept or a reaction to some facet of what is going on in society/art/music =wherever the designer is taking their inspiration. It's a formal presentation of that concept. Models are not encouraged to grin at the audience, but 'perform' as the designer requests. Runway fashion is *art*, like any other. Designed for impact, not necessarily practicality. No one is expected to wear runway fashion out on the streets immediately (although I support a world where people could if they wish!) I think we'd need to delve into the designer's mind a little to see what this collection is about? This collection is themed on Noah's Ark - half the models are literally wearing animal masks, the see-through ones are kind of like another type of 'ears' perhaps. Maybe though it's just capricious, and well, that's ok too. Again, I don't think the designer is expecting to sell a million sheer animal hats. It's not to be used literally as seen on the runway...that's just for impact and drama. Same with runway makeup...you don't typically wear the looks seen 'as is' literally on the streets. You get inspired by the more dramatic example of what's seen on the runway, taken to a wearable, day-to-day look.

*I may have an inner fashion and makeup nerd*, lol...