View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 08:11 AM
Dalykim

Question Hi from New Jersey

Hello from New Jersey, I am brand new to this quilting board. I have joined for guidance. My mom, who was probably a part of this quilting board, sadly passed away in November. She was an avid quilter for many many years and has a large amount of quality fabrics (at least three large cabinets plus...). My Dad wants to sell it and other of her items, so I am trying to figure out the best way to give her love for this fabric (and several unfinished quilts in various stages) the care it deserves. I do sew, she taught me well, and very basic quilt skills (I can make tee shirt quilts lol) and I have knowledge of fabrics from working in fabric stores for years when I was younger. I have heard to sell the lots by color and weight. She did a good job storing the fabrics essentially by colors and shades. There are some fat quarters rolled up. There are also items such as used rotary cutters and blades still in packages. Any advice or suggestions from any of you who live in her world of quilters would be greatly appreciated. ❤️💔❤️ Thank you