View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 06:38 PM
WMUTeach

Well all, I am WMUTeach. I chose the name because that is what I did/do. I am retired faculty at Western Michigan University in Family Science. I continue to teach a class or two per semester as needed.I love teaching about children to those who want to work with children and families.

I have been at a sewing machine since I was about 7 and made primarily garments for myself, prom dress to maturity clothes and then dressed my girls on the cheap by making their clothing until they entered their teens. Life happened and I became a single parent of three and I returned to college and began to teach preschool. To make ends meet, I worked part-time at home for a company making futons. They have unbelievably long zippers and I wore out a machine but paid for lots of music lessons, athletic shoes and marching band trips.

In 2000 my sister-in-law, a master quilter, died and I took her whole sewing room: fabric, tools, books, machine and UFO's. I took on her mantle of quilting and have moved from beginner to intermediate and love scrappy! Still using her fabric, what a stash, and finished her last UFO just about 6 weeks ago. I make quilts for my family, donation and for those the good Lord says needs the comfort of a quilt. I have been with the Birthday Swap since, creation I think. I found a photo, posted below, that was made with birthday treats. They would have come from the 2013 swap. I think it is time to use the pattern again!

Attached Thumbnails 2014-birthday-swap-quilt-resized.jpg