View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 08:42 PM
djmat

Hi all, I'm D. J. & just returned to Texas after about 20 years. Hubby of 42 yrs is DOD/USAF & has moved us all over this planet. I'm a small craft airplane pilot, retired postal carrier, and did accounting for yrs & now enjoy saying I'm retired. Oldest daughter is 2 hrs away with our 2 grandkids, youngest daughter is about 8 hrs away & hubby is 5 hrs away & comes home 4 days a month if I'm lucky! When he travels I'm his driver dragging a quilt project with me!

I've been quilting since 2013 & started with a Cal King 12" block sampler with prairie points (quite a challenge) which progressed to a Postage Stamp Quilt (PSQ) using 2" squares(took 4 yrs for no repeats except the highlight of the quilt), now I have 17 quilts in various stages (mostly flimsies). Was busy in the third & fourth year doing donation quilts for Quilts of Valor. I was challenged by a QB friend to do an applique lap quilt & found it very intimidating but I muddled through & she liked it but I probably won't be doing another. I've enjoyed being a host on Quilting Board.

Working on reno of 1938 Craftsman home so I have to complete one house project then I allow myself to finish a quilting project to at least the flimsy stage. I'd rather be quilting!!!
hugs,
​​​​​​​dj