View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 06:34 PM
OurWorkbench

I can't remember the exact proportions, but I was amazed at what I used on a bentwood case with just the Singer letters. I'm thinking it was just mineral spirits and boiled linseed oil. I remember it was very odorous and I left it in the garage for a few days. If I remember correctly, I rubbed down the case and avoided the lettering until the very end and then went over them gently.

On my Weed, table & bonnet, I used the formulas as indicated in Cleaning and Reviving furniture(Sewing cabinets) In the post above the one I linked to in the "Probably new Work Stand template needed and info Please" thread, I had wiped the inside bonnet and underside of the table with Boiled Linseed Oil and white vinegar. I prefer reviving rather than refinishing. I must admit that I have never really refinished. It is highly unlikely that I would consider refinishing, when reviving works so well, is fairly easy and looks so good.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 03-13-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: link single post & clarification