Old 03-14-2020, 04:33 AM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
This is turning out great. I love the fabrics you chose. Amazing you did this without a pattern. You go, girl! Hope you feel better this weekend and kick the bugs that have been attacking you for good...
It's 7am on Saturday now, I'm feeling a little better but the constant rain today will no doubt just bring back the blahs. There's two times a year that I just can't stand, from winter to spring and from summer to fall. My migraines are mostly triggered by the weather, so I'm in bed a lot during the season changes.

Thank you, I just grabbed a picture off the Internet and studied it until I had a rough idea of how to do it and then just did it. I'm sure that I made a ton of mistakes versus what the pattern called for, I tried to get it but Bluprint just wouldn't take my paypal card, so I sewed my interpretation of it. I originally thought soft florals would look beautiful, but then I realized that this is going to get a lot of use, so I went with stronger colors to combat dust, oil from my hands, etc. I still may do one with the florals, though, lol.

Working on a matching pressing pad this morning, I use a mini-iron to do my finger pressing and I'm getting tired of using scraps of fabric over a hand towel. I'm not quite there yet to work on my hexies, this will at least keep the sewing machine busy and I can knock this out in a couple hours. I'll post a pic when I'm done.