View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 04:48 AM
wesing

Good morning ladies -

I’ve been quilting since about 2009 I think. My wife had taken a class and was enjoying herself, but cutting fabric stressed her out. I’m a math nerd (and and accountant), so she asked me to help her with the pattern and cutting. Then next time she took a class, I went with her to do her cutting, but she and the teacher convinced me to take the whole class. I ended up buying a sewing machine on the spot and have been making quilts ever since. We mostly make them as gifts for friends and family, and I am in a group of Guy Quilters who sew for Quilts of Valor.

We adopted a baby girl in 2013 and she has completed our family. I have a thread dedicated to her titled “Why I Finally made a Storm at Sea (with pictures).” I can’t believe how fast the time has flown, but she is a joy every day and we love watching the process of her growing up. I think I am overdue to add some pictures to that thread. Oops!

My screen name comes from the fact that we sing. My wife is an excellent singer and has even done a CD. I’m a hack at it, but when I sing with her she makes me sound good. We both sing in the church choir and love doing it.

So our lives revolve around Emmaline and her schedule, church, and family. That leaves a wee bit of time for quilting. We always seem to have several in process. Right now I can think of a dozen or more that are in various stages of completion. If that pesky job wasn’t so demanding I could get a lot more quilting done.

I watched the swap last year and thought it would be a lot of fun to get the variety of all those little squares, so I have been waiting (kinda) patiently since the summer for this one to start. I started cutting as soon as I was approved to join, and used mostly FQ, so I have WAY more sets than I need for the swap. I will have to figure out how to deal with that later. In the meantime, I have all of your sets wrapped, and cards and envelopes are ready to go as soon as I get your addresses. I’m looking forward to the next 11 months of candy swapping.

Darren