Old 03-14-2020, 02:11 PM
Rhonda K

Originally Posted by sjw555 View Post
So confusing. My manual and instruction videos from Baby lock, site says if I don’t use the Finishing Touch baby lock recommended thread, I will have to change out my bobbin case that came installed in my machine to an alternate one they gave me. with a purple dot. I don’t really want to keep changing my case, but it hard to find Finishing touch embroidery bobbin thread, without ordering online.
Can you check with your dealer for the correct bobbin case? The dealer should have a couple of classes for you so can get familiar with your machine. Look at page # 16 in your manual says you should have 3 cases, one with a green dot, one with no mark, and one with a gray mark for bobbin work. Bobbin work is on page 177. The one with green dot should have been on your machine originally. These are part # 36, 37, and 39.

I use the general bobbin case. It works with either 40 or weights just fine. In general, the ladies at the LQS don't switch out bobbin cases either. They are BL or brother machines.

I put these small accessories in a small zipper bag and marked them with the corresponding part number to keep them sorted.

Hope that helps!