View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Quossum

My latest finish!

The Quilt: Made with a Quiltville pattern, Scrappy Bargello, this one was really fun! I can't recommend the pattern enough if you like scrappy quilts; it was super easy and even this smaller size burned through my pile of 2 1/2" strips.

Though I don't own any chickens, I'm kind of fascinated with them. I spent a number of years collecting fabrics featuring them, eventually putting them together into a quilt. I impulsively gave that one away to a cousin who fell in love with it, so, kind of as an act of revenge, I started on this one with the leftover chicken fabric plus many others from my stash.

Why it became a UFO: This is really weird. I had one panel mostly constructed, all the strips put into bundles, strips of squares stuck to the design wall... but for some reason I ripped it all down and shoved it in a box, ne'er to be seen again until March 2020. It was just an odd place to quit, not at all at a good "stopping point" or anything. I must have been confronted with a more time sensitive quilt, and since this one was "just for me," it had to go away for a while.

Why I finished: Not only did this one deserve to come out to play again, but I also already had a friend in mind to receive it, so it seemed like a good one to move on to.

The Quilt's fate: This friend of mine moved to the country fairly recently and has gotten into chickens. I just texted her asking if she was going to be at the dog show this weekend, and she said she was at a chicken show! Sent me pics of her prize-winning eggs, hen, and rooster. So yeah, I guess this fun and funky quilt with chickens scattered across the squares will be perfect for her. Can't wait to give it to her!

On to the next!
Attached Thumbnails chicken-nuggets-front.jpg   back.jpg