View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Vasilisa

Wow, everyone has made sucha progress with their UFOs and I have not finished even one since the beginning of the year. I had planned to finish 1 UFO a month, save March, because I was supposed to be busy with wedding preparations. Absurdly, it may turn out to be the month with most finishes. I will be spending time (one almost wants to say: serving time) till the 2nd of April at home.

I need to finish some quilting and then do the binding on what was meant to be January finish. Today I have sewn first four blocks of the supposed February finish. And before that I had stitched up the top for the Irish Garden (see the St. Patrick's thread). So I am moving on.

Meanwhile it was decided that due to the coronavirus, basically only the bride, groom and the two witnesses required by law can be present at a registry office. Plus maybe one-two persons (e.g. parents). We made the tough decision and asked our parents not to come, as they are above 60 and should really avoid travelling to Warsaw. It was not so bad for them as for us - his parents do not believe in ceremonies as much as in everyday gestures of love (and frankly, so does my fiancee). My mother does not consider it a valid wedding since it is not done in a church. But still.

Well, there will be live streaming for them via Facebook. We have rehearsed the technique of it today and it worked. So we will have some solutions, meanwhile sewing is one of the few things that help me regain composure.