Old 03-17-2020, 05:58 AM
sewingpup

I don't have a picture.....but on my long arm...when I don't want the stitching to show much and want for the piecing to be the star of the quilt, I try and pick a color that will blend in with most of the colors....on your quilt....I would pull out a variety of the thread colors being considered and unwound a good length of each and throw on the quilt making sure you get some on all the colors of your quilt....(I basically like to use one color for the quilting). Mostly, I end up picking something that is fairly inconspicuous on the lightest color so I would try white...or like AZ Jane suggest a light grey...or maybe even a light pink or blue....just see what you like.....the other thing I do....is use a fine thread.....my go to is "So Fine" by superior...it is a strong thread but...yep...fairly fine.....it will hold up on a quilt that is used.....so folks also will use "bottom line" again by Superior threads...which is even finer and supposedly fairly strong....I personally haven't used it on the top yet...