View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 06:36 AM
bkay

I couldn't get the stitch length to set to 0. I kept trying to find 0, but at every setting, the feed dogs kept moving. It's a 401a. So, I removed the feed dogs (I'd forgotten what a pain that is.). That worked, but as soon as I tried it, I realized that ruler foot quilting wouldn't be a quick thing to learn, plus, I haven't bought the supreme slider yet.

So, I decided to just use my walking foot, as I've reached the "just finish the darn thing" place with this quilt. Of course, while putting back the feed dogs, I dropped one of the screws. I tried all kinds of tools to reach it, but finally decided I would have to take off the bottom to get it out. My brain had stopped working, so just put everything away for the day. And, as usual, as soon as I put everything in a box for this morning, I realized I just needed a magnetic screwdriver.

The machine needs a good cleaning and oiling, so I'm going to remove the bottom anyway after I get the screw out.

As an aside, I realized that buying that ruler foot for any slant shank machine was a less than brilliant idea. As far as I know, none of them drop the feed dogs.

bkay