Thread: Beginner help
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 09:06 AM
juliasb

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan. I am unfamiliar with your machine. Do you have a control that moves the needle from the middle to the right side? Many zig zag machine have this capability. If so try moving the needle to the right side and measure from the edge of the current presser foot to the placement of the needle. Or even use a piece of painter's tape to make the throat plate where that 1/4" will lay. This is the first thing I would try before investing in a part you may not need. I know that this is what I do with the majority of my machines. I will lay odds that someone here has the same or similar machine that can help you a bit more. As a beginner there are a lot of little details that you think might trip you up. If necessary and you are not sure on that 1/4" you can always make your sewn pieces a bit bigger and cut them down. I tend to do this especially with 1/2 square Triangles (HST). Again welcome to the QB. Jump right in and enjoy learning and sharing with all of us.