View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:50 AM
TAMARATJO

This thread struck a chord with me. I was working on a kaleidoscope quilt out of left over batik scraps. Just a fun wall hanging size, about 48" x 48" . I had a lot of fun selecting the fabric, making the blocks (for the most part, as they are all the same block), and then laying out all the finished blocks to sew them together. That was when I fell out of love with the quilt. The gradient color scheme did not work out as well as I had hoped, and didn't look as good as in my EQ8 design. But so much work.... I saw this thread, and actually considered not finishing it. Then, I sucked it up. Used two pieces of scrap for the backing, and sewed together smaller sections of batting, and finished the quilt. Did a quick SID along seam lines, and was done! I have to admit, I didn't stress too much on doing my best job on the binding. But it is done. After the fact.... I am SO glad I finished it. It didn't take too long, and now I can put it behind me, and not have it lurking in the back of my mind as a UFO. I don't have ANY UFOs. I have finished every quilt I have made. It gives me peace of mind. Maybe I will take it out in a few months, and find it is not so bad. I did have fun with a lot of the process, so it was not a loss.