View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 04:51 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I have been crocheting star shaped blankets (round, really...) using those 'cakes' of yarn that change from color to color. Almost finished with my second one. I'm amazed at how much faster crocheting uses up your yarn than knitting does.

Also sewing... Finished my Boom swap blocks way ahead of schedule. Cut out several outfits of summer clothing for my baby granddaughter. And I have tons to quilt, but haven't delved into it just yet.

I resisted the call to sew facemasks all this time, but an elderly friend finally persuaded me to do it. She is 93 and lives in assisted living, and they are taken care of by "aides". They have been confined to their rooms, and only the aides can come in to clean and help them. Family can't even visit. They shut down the dining room and now bring trays of food to each resident 3x a day. She is concerned because the aides need to wear masks in order not to infect the residents. I know homemade masks won't protect against CV, but there are other flu and cold germs out there this time of year, and they could kill the elderly residents. My friend says they can't get masks because all the masks have to go to the hospitals. So today I started making some masks to give to her assisted living faciity. b-o-r-i-n-g... but needed, so I'll make a couple dozen or so and drop them off up there.

Also started taking walks. It feels so much better to get outside, and if you are lucky, get some sunshine. We are needing that vitamin D!