View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 02:15 AM
Quiltah Mama

img_20200326_055610003.jpg4190459717017645435.jpg
A friend and coworker makes hamb bun size rolls weekly for her DH for his sandwiches weekly. I decided to give it a try yesterday. I had made pulled pork Sunday, and forgot to get bulkie rolls. So in a good faith attempt to stay out of stores, I made dinner roll dough in my bread machine. When the children were still home, I made all our bread weekly, so glad I no longer need to keep up with that, and DH and I have transitioned to home made bread is more a treat. I have been making a loaf weekly since this virus in an attempt to avoid grocery stores for now.
When the children were home and I was making everything from scratch and doing massive amounts of canning, I was apart of a co-op and got my staple baking needs and spices from them. Associated Grocers of NE, their website list their retail stores and links to the stores, you may be able to order and have some yeast shipped. Another idea is searching for a co-op in your area.
I just Googled, finding a local co-op, a website coopdirectory.org came up and it's a state by state directory as well as the distributors. They may even offer curb side pick up as many small businesses are doing. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Quiltah Mama; 03-26-2020 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Add info