View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 03:55 PM
GEMRM

Default My recent projects

Here's what I've been working on:
#1 - I was at a retreat where we received a 7 fat quarter bundle. No one liked the fabrics. We were challenged to make something and bring it back this year...Ha! It's a virtual retreat now! I added a fat quarter and the borders to make this top.
#2 - This quilt was started piecing at the same group's retreat in 2018. I finished the flimsy by 2019 retreat and got it quilted for show and tell at this year's retreat.
#3 - Disappearing nine patch - I mistakenly miscalculated how big and how many squares of this quilt I needed when I was new to quilting and making a quick quilt for a friend's 50th birthday. These are the leftovers! I got the blocks sewn into flimsy status at a UFO day at guild in the fall, and finally finished it up this past few weeks.
#4 - This Quilt of Valour (may have been posted before? I am not sure) - my friend and I cut kits to make each block and at our 2019 retreat quilters could sew a block if they wished. Another friend and I finished the rest of the blocks. I put the blocks together and quilted it. It will be donated to Canada's Quilts of Valour program later this year where their goal is 20,000 quilts in 2020.
#5 - Welcome Home to Canada wallhanging - this was a kit I purchased at Quilt Canada I think in 2018. I had started to piece it, but it got set aside. I finished the piecing and the quilting this past few weeks.

And that's it - except for two quilts I have to finish the binding on - more about them when they're done and shown here!
Stay healthy, stay quilting folks!
Attached Thumbnails 7-fat-quarter-project-resized.jpg   cabin-windows-resized.jpg   d9p-animal-print-resized.jpg   quilt-valour-resized.jpg   welcome-home-wall-hanging-resized.jpg