View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 05:33 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by joyce blint
I have had a Designer 1 for several yr and love everything about it. To the writer above, you can still use the floppy discs with an external hard drive. I never had mine updated and this method works perfectly for me.
I have had both of these machines and I still have the D1. A few years ago I asked the Viking tech about replacement parts....he said...the D1 probably could not be repaired if the computerized parts went..as non were available .this machine was more than 20 years old at the time...I still have it..but have not tried to embroider on it for several years...I am sewing on it right now and it is working fine....my new Bernina needs some work...I jammed the needle and now it works but is making a noise.....the SE I gave to a friend of me as she absolutely LOVES her SE....and I was told by the tech...that although the computerized parts are no longer being manufactured….that he has been able to find someone to "rebuild" the computer cards for it...I never did like my SE as well as the D1 I really think I am a 5.5 mm feed dog person which the D1 has....remember folks....these new machines are really sewing computers....and like computers, they seem to have a limited life span before they become obsolete and the manufacturers move on to the newer and more complex ones....