View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 08:26 AM
Iceblossom

Thanks for that great picture Janey, mine is not marked and basically just seems to be "power" and "foot pedal". So plugged in correctly nothing happens. When I switch the cord the machine takes off at full speed with a might roar!

Remy is older than me, I was born in 1960. It's a post war machine similar to a Morse, it is advanced as zig-zag and has the most marvelous straight stitch. It had belonged to a friend's grandmother and I started using it when my once top of the line machine (last model with cams before computerized!) had a major non-repairable breakdown. That was 20-30 years ago.

With my increasing vision issues, a dear friend gave me her replaced but still modern Bernina with full auto-threading, wonderful lighting and a huge throat space, a very generous gift. I had the decision to use it exactly as I'd been doing with Remy or learning the modern machine. Loving tools as I do, I learned and love the modern bells and whistles, even if I don't exactly need them they are nice to have. Used it hard in many ways for a year before this break, it's definitely worth it to me to have it serviced this time... don't know about next sort of depends on how long from now that is and what is the issue.