View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:16 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

My recent finished Showering Stars quilt was all stash fabric- including many scraps. The pattern called for 1 jelly roll ( I used scraps and cut my own strips when I had enough- came to about 3 yards worth of scraps) plus 4 3/4 yards of background, 3/4 yard binding and 3 yards of 108” backing.) So 8 1/2 yards for the top plus the wide back all from my stash. Then, I decided I really enjoyed making that one ( I never make the same quilt twice) I went ahead and cut out another one- this one with a dark blue for the background instead of purple. So I’m clearing out another 3 yards of scraps and while digging through shelves I came across 5 yards of the blue- perfect. I will have to figure out binding later and choose backing but since I’m staying secluded and working from my shelves I will choose something when the time comes. Today it’s all cutout- tomorrow I will start sewing it together.
I am enjoying being creative/ productive again. And, I’m starting to see some dents in the stash.
after this one I probably should really start working on a string quilt- I have an awful lot of strings to put to use.
here is the Showering Stars quilt with purple- maybe next week I will have a blue one to show you. 🤗
Attached Thumbnails 122fbe7b-dd80-4bb3-b1e8-ef6bcf65bc81.jpeg