View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 09:50 AM
Rhonda K

Hi & welcome!

Take a demo lesson or two on the different machines you are considering. If your dealer has an event you can attend, this allows you hands on experience with the machine. Be sure there are classes to attend to learn the different features. Make sure you have the time to invest in learning the machine features otherwise they are lost.

I have done a few quilting ITH projects with my machines (Dream and Luminaire). I love the larger hoop but in my opinion, it's not for large quilts and better suited for small projects up to baby quilt size. There will be drag from the larger quilt on the embroidery arm which can pop the hoop. Larger quilts also requires multiple hoopings. You can position with the camera but remember with a large hoop and large design there still isn't much space to move the design.

I use a magnetic hoop for the quilting projects. You can also quilt the borders using the machine. It will tell you where to hoop and when to re-position the hoop for the next design. I've had my machine since last August and still learning different buttons.

Right now, I'm waiting for the next release of machines in perhaps August or September to see what is offered in the line for the 10 needle. I use my machine every day.

Good luck on your decision!