View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 05:27 AM
sewingpup

I got myself a used APQS Lucey......about eight years ago....I now have done 56 quilts on her....not a huge amount....but enough that I am really, really glad I got her.....yep...all Lucey does is quilt....I did not get a computer with her....so it is all free motion. but she has a stitch regulator and a needle up and down...I mainly do just meander plus on her...like I throw leaves or bubbles or something simple in...I have done a bit of ruler work....but not often...my main idea in getting my own longarm was so I could get the quilts done....and oh my! Quilting on a long arm is soooo....muchhhhh..easier than on a domestic sit down...no having to baste the layers together, and no fighting with the quilt under the needle no matter how long a neck you have on your sit down machine...yep...I would do this all over.....APQS periodically has demo or used machines....the demo machines usually come with a life-time warranty. There are other long arms out there....but I picked APQS cuz they are fairly easy to maintain and even repair if needed without having to send the head in to the company unless it really is messed up....I have only done routine oiling and cleaning on mine.....I think I shy away from the do everything machines....cuz then there is so much that can go wrong and then what do you have to use while it is being repaired....I find I generally piece 5-6 quilts....then go down and quilt them (Lucy lives in the basement...only room just barely big enough to hold her, everything else is done upstairs)