View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:27 AM
ekuw

I have been following the thread, but decided not to participate in the swap this time. I have been able to piece, but not quilt. My main sewing machine (the one I do my quilting on) stopped working in January. It worked perfectly until it didn't...no warning at all. It turns out that it is the computer board. In addition to it being a major fix, the computer board is back ordered until the end of March. Well, that should be right about now and of course the store where I bought my machine and will have it repaired is closed as is every other non-essential business here in California. I have been piecing and in addition to the quilt I was half done on when my machine quit working, I have made 4 tops that will need to be quilted. I normally don't have UFO's I make a top, then quilt it before I move on to the next. Yikes! I have decided the next pattern I undertake will be more complex so it slows me down a bit.
Northern Sue, your Frolic block is beautiful. I have been considering doing Frolic as it definitely would slow me down. I haven't done a BH mystery yet even though I have saved the clues from her last three including Frolic. I like that you used a constant fabric and that is what I would do to, but I guess I just don't love the final product.
I am leaning towards maybe a Storm at Sea or a Burgoyne Surrounded.
Glad to read that all of you are staying safe and well and isolating as much as possible. Whenever life returns to something that resembles normal I will look forward to seeing the runners that you all have made and hopefully will be ready to participate in the next swap.