View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:48 AM
Iceblossom

Default TV Suggestions Needed

I admit to watching a lot of "reality based" tv. Amazing Race shut down production due to the virus and a lot of other shows are having issues filming and I may have fewer options in the next couple of months... We are pretty caught up with the series we usually watch like Gold Rush, Wicked Tuna, or Life Below Zero, even Forged in Fire and Dr. Pimple Popper. Deadliest Catch premieres in a couple weeks! I watch a lot of home/garden/cooking shows too.

I'm really hoping that we do get all the way through the Masked Singer show on Fox without a shut down because that has become a great favorite of mine. I'm really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the masked singers, wish the panel had a bit less time on air but they are part of the package. I've figured out a couple each season, but not so good at "you tube personalities" but I'm doing good on the older artists! I believe I know who the White Tiger is this year. If you have fun with popular culture or music, and haven't checked it out -- it might be worth a binge.

We have pretty extensive cable through Comcast but no HBO or Showtime, and what I think of as pretty good On Demand programming, but very little that way for our local Canadian channel which I can only get live (through the tv). Same thing with BBC. Without streaming (which we are working towards but the tv in the bedroom is not currently set up and I/we don't want to watch from our computers), what shows do you recommend and why, especially those on the major networks?

There are a couple of drama series I'm behind, haven't picked up Manifest again since last season. I just started History Channel's Project Blue Book -- hubby says it's ok but I can watch that one without him. I do like quirky X-file stuff, him not so much.

We don't have any comedy shows especially we are currently watching. I'm still missing Big Bang and have left Young Sheldon on his own so far this year... Hubby goes to bed so early with his 4:00 AM start time that tv time usually ends by 9:00, and 8:00 isn't always certain that he will stay awake.