Old 03-30-2020, 06:51 PM
ttatummm

Default Strong SM Mojo - Where are they coming from?

Sewing machines apparently come in bunches. Haven't bought a machine in two years, but in the last couple of months they just seems to be finding me. I've more than doubled the number of machines I have.

First was a 1928 Singer 99, given to me by a friend. Can't turn down a free machine and she needed a little TCL. I could give her that.

Then the Pfaff 130, well I've wanted a 130 for a while and I finally found one at a good price.

Followed by another free machine, a cute little 185K, green is my favorite color.

And then, a Singer 15-91, same story as the Pfaff.

But it turned out that the 15-91 needed a new shellac coat. So I bought a cheap, abused 66 to practice French polishing.

But then, I got another 15-91, the price was so low, they were practically giving it away and it came in a nice #70 cabinet.

Then the holy grail, are you ready for this -- a near perfect, one owner 221K for $50. No one could pass that up! I thought it had to be a scam, but I could figure out an angle on it, so I checked it out and it was legit.

So that it! No more machines! I have four that need rewiring and two that need serious work to save their decals and finish. But then this pretty little lady showed up (again for a great price).

img_1966-2-.jpg

Who could pass her up. A 1914 Red Eye, really nice decals. I think the Singer decal on the front is fine, just needs some careful cleaning

And I live in an area where I check out Craigslist just for the entertainment value. Folks ask stupid ridiculous prices for machines straight out of the attic or shed. I've alway read people's stories of that really great find with just a bit of envy, figured it would never happen to me. So if you feel the same way don't give up hope.