View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Iceblossom

I am so far behind on my technology that I have nothing to record tv with! I do have a combo vcr/dvd attached to the small/off cable tv in the sewing room but I don't think it can record even if I had tapes around -- but I love The Great British Baking Show. The Canadian version too. I've noticed that Food Network has noticed and tried to make the contestants "nicer" on like the Spring Baker show, (our "Great" version got quickly and quietly shut down during the #metoo period) but the American ones are just not nice. They are about "cut throat competition" and "building your brand" and not pursuing the art of what you love. Plus you've got to love the pacing of a show designed without commercials for 50+ minutes instead of 40 minutes interrupted by commercials.

I also listen to audio books usually 2-3 a week that I download from the library, that fills most of my drama/action needs. It's amazing how "visual" some authors are, some books are just action sequences connected by small bits of plot.

Hubby and I were discussing this last night, with the shut downs there is already a lot less fresh programming on tv. Pity your sports addicts! There isn't going to be anything new for quite awhile yet.